Virgilio Gerald H. Evidente, M.D.
Director, Movement Disorders Center of Arizona, LLC
- Medical Licensure in Arizona since 1996.
- More than 15 years of experience in diagnosing and treating all types of movement disorders.
- More than 10 years of experience in deep brain stimulation (DBS), from proper screening of patients, pre-operative preparation, intraoperative brain mapping, and post-operative stimulator programming.
- Extensive experience in movement disorders neurophysiology.
University of the Philippines, Manila, Philippines
Neurology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Movement Disorders, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
Neurophysiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 2009 – April 2012
- Associate Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 2004 – 2009
- Assistant Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 2001- 2004
- Consultant, Dept. of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 2004 -April 2012
- Senior Associate Consultant, Dept. of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 2001-2004
- Co-director, Deep Brain Stimulation Program, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 2001 – April 2012
- Program director, Movement Disorders Fellowship program, Mayo Clinic Arizona, July 2004 – April 2012
- Founder and Director, St Luke’s Philippine Movement Disorders Center, 1998-2001
- Fellowship-trained in the field of movement disorders, deep brain stimulation, and botulinum toxin administration.
- Frequent speaker and lecturer in various educational venues including the American Academy of Neurology Annual and Fall Conferences.
- Extensive experience and expertise in the administration of all types of botulinum toxin in the market (Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Myobloc®).
- Historically involved in over 70 research studies since 1996.
- Over 80 peer-reviewed publications as of early 2012.